Freediving is an extreme sport and like any extreme sport there is a certain amount of risk involved, however this risk can be controlled by learning and practising the correct safety standards.
At Apnea Total safety is essential and always comes first, closely followed by fun and enjoyment. Rescue and safety rules are implemented within our freediving education system, which are essential for students who wish to continue to enjoy freediving around the world after the completion of our courses.
The Apnea Total safety system encompasses:
- Highly experienced Instructors
- Instructors and boat captain are trained in CPR and First Aid. They are all certified as Oxygen Provider
- Dive facilities, boat and equipment maintained to the highest standard
- Medic First kit and Oxygen on board
- Development of safety rules and regulations
- 100% student safety rate